The Waddell Family

The Waddell Family
Fun at the Beach

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Connor's News Debut!

Not only is Connor a slugger in baseball, he made a homerun in the Coeur d' Alene Press.

This article was on the front page of our local paper, "First-graders vent about bear vandals." A vandal attempted to cut down their Bryan Bear with a saw. Connor's teacher Mrs. Bayes asked the students to write their thoughts. Connor's made it in the paper.

Bryan pupils pen letters to the editor about attack on school maskot.
Young Connor Waddell penned that he is "very mad" and "very sad." "I think that it is a mean thing to do. Leave our property alone. That bear is the most fantastic carved bear I have ever seen."



This is the actual writing from Connor.
I am very mad and I am very, very sad. I think that it is a mean thing to do to our Bryan Bear. Leave our property alone. I love that bear so much. That is the most fantastic carved bear I have ever seen.
Connor W.
Age 7



No comments: